Your Aleph Shaliach for the 2017-2018 Winter term is Uri Dickman.
I am Uri Dickman, and I am really excited to be your Aleph Shaliach for the next six-ish months. This term, set aside actual volunteering, my main goal is to increase awareness about and get our five folds of community service/social action back into the front of the minds of the Aleph’s of Ramon AZA. Don’t worry, I’m not going to brainwash you, I just really feel it necessary to get the values Tikkun Olam and Tzedakah back into what our chapter is known for. If you need to contact me about stuff, make sure I have a phone, and then text or call my cellular device, or just message me by my email or messenger, and I will respond within 1 minute to six days.
My goals for this term:
- To hold at least 4 official community service events
- To collect as many donations for shelters, the homeless, and children in need as possible
- To increase the Chapter’s awareness in world issues we can participate in solving
- To find, donate, and volunteer to a stand-up cause
On bbyo.org there is a list of the main causes BBYO encourages standing up to. I have listed below the ones I want to focus on this term, and how I will add to the continuous efforts against these issues:
- Health and Illness
- Volunteer to help out nurses and staff in senior homes, specifically the Jewish Home at least once a month
- Poverty and Homelessness
- Collect donations (food, clothes, books) for shelters and major organizations
- Volunteer at least once this term at a soup kitchen
- Phone number: (650) 743 6630
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School: Woodside High